February 17, 2010

She's a Doll!

Devon Aoki. Topmodel. Actress.
I was just visiting one of my favorite sites fashionising.com when i saw this pictures on the sidebar.
I like its tone, and I LOVE THE JACKET! So I clicked on it to see bigger picture then it says "Devon Aoki in Self Service Fall 2009". I knew it! My favorite Asian-look model.

Devon Edwenna Aoki
Born in New York, August 10, 1982. Grew up in CA and London, and now she lives in LA. She's not originally Asian, though. She's American. She got the Asian look from her Japanese-American father, the late Rocky Aoki -founder of Benihana Restaurant in NYC that franchises nearly 80 Japanese cuisine restaurants. Yet her mother, Pamela Hilburger, is a jewelry designer. WOW, right? At least for me.
At age 13 she started modelling and was introduced to Kate Moss by her godmother.
She didn't go to college after graduated from high school, 'cause she thinks degree isn't everything. Somehow, look at her now, A SUCCESSFUL MODEL. You can see her face in Vogue Magazine, Harper's Bazaar, i-D, or doing catwalks for international designer fashion shows. You can also see her in 2 Fast 2 Furious, D.E.B.S, Sin City, War, and Mutant Chronicles films.
The thing is, she's only 5'5" or about 1.65 cm tall. Quite short actually for a runway model, even compared to ME. HA! :9 But she's got the look. Flawless skin, so freakin' unique, calm, and a bit mysterious face. She really is a doll.





Adorable, isn't she? Well.. So is the photographer, and also the stylist. :)

Tick tock, I gotta go now. Just ask Wikipedia -where I got these informations from- about Devon Aoki if you want to know more about her. Or you can simply Google her, that'll work.





S A Y O N A R A. .

No comments:

Post a Comment